UNPAID INTERNSHIP: Private Equity Analyst (Full- or Part-Time)
PRO TIP: If you want to score an interview for this Role, stand apart from other candidates by writing how you meet the Role Requirements and envision fulfilling the Role Responsibilities. Also include your availability, desired start and end dates and how many hours you can work per week.
Backer North invests in founder-led and family-owned businesses throughout North America, with a preference for Canadian companies. Based in Toronto, Canada, it is led by V. L. "Vlaad" Gajic, a steadfast family man, a respected business leader, and an entrepreneur passionate about the business of business.
We are looking to recruit a sharp, entrepreneurial and hard-working individual hungry for challenges and career growth and eager to learn about new industries and the process of investing in mid-market businesses. The analyst will develop skills relevant to a future private equity, investment banking, consulting, or entrepreneurship career.
The internship will involve hands-on participation in the core activities of private equity investments, emphasizing deal sourcing. You will learn how to critically evaluate industries and companies as potential acquisition targets, value them, approach potential sellers, complete the acquisition of a private business, and the many challenges associated with this process.
Please note that the internship is unpaid; however, you can expect significant mentorship from Backer North's founder and a wealth of exciting experiences that should serve you well in pursuing your career in business.
- Research and identify attractive industries based on Backer North's investment criteria;
- Develop lists of potential acquisition targets and screen targets for outreach;
- Identify owners and find their contact information;
- Prepare letters and emails to reach owners;
- Review and analyze confidential information provided by potential acquisition targets;
- Participate in and take notes in phone calls with investors, investment bankers and business owners.
- Highly motivated with a strong interest in private equity, entrepreneurship or finance;
- Resourcefulness and persistence;
- Willingness to commit to the required weekly time commitment and to the minimum term;
- Currently enrolled at or recently graduated from a top-tier graduate or undergraduate business program;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Microsoft Excel mastery;
- Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and grade transcript (unofficial or interim transcripts acceptable) to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the internship with us and what skills you aim to develop.
- Unpaid Internship
- Title: Private Equity Analyst
- Term: 3+ months
- Part-Time or Full-Time: 10-40 hours per week
- Work environment: Remote or Hybrid